Sunday, August 9, 2015

How Mature Are You on Social Media?

Source: Geralt via pixabay.com, CC0 License

I found an interesting article by Nick Hanton & JW Dicks on how to manage your online persona that you may find insightful. It got me when they say MATURITY ON SOCIAL MEDIA SITES DISTINGUISH THE LIKES OF JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE FROM JUSTIN BIEBER. :D

This article provides four big ideas to manage your online persona, from creating a back-story to exposing yourself. Good tips and tricks!

However, reading the article also got me thinking: What images have I been created in social media? Do I consider myself as a mature social media user?

The answers to the questions: I don't know.

To be honest, I did post things that I regret: silly pictures, personal anonymous blogs (TMI in most parts!). Did it make me an immature user? I believe that online maturity is also a process. However, knowing that it is not that difficult to trace back anything to us (even if you are using pseudonyms), what's the price you have to pay?


It is obvious that managing digital footprints are getting more crucial. For me, the challenge is to trace back all the things I have posted. I have already lost some of the login data, not knowing the password and username (also emails I used when creating the account) made it difficult for me to clean the footprints. Do you have similar experience? What have you done to clean your digital footprints?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work by Nadia Andayani is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.